- Members or visitors must produce their tickets when requested by approved scrutineers of the association and are asked to assist in the suppression of illegal fishing.
- Members or visitors must be in possession of a current Environment Agency rod licence.
- No member or visitor shall take or kill salmon parr or smolts.
- No member or visitor shall take trout from the River Irthing less than 250mm (10 inches) nor shall they take or kill grayling of less than 225 mm (9 inches). No fish less than 225mm (9 inches) shall be taken from the Gelt below Hynam Bridge and no fish less than 200mm (8 inches) shall be taken from above Hynam Bridge. All measurements to be from the tip of the snout to the fork or cleft of the tail.
- No more than two trout shall be taken in any one day up to and including the 30th April; no more than four trout shall be taken in any one day for the remainder of the season. Catch and release, together with the use of barbless hooks, is encouraged both to conserve and to increase stocks of fish.
- No member or visitor shall sell or offer for sale any fish caught on Brampton Angling Association waters. Any member found to have done so will be immediately expelled without recompense or refund.
- Worm fishing is allowed from the 15th March. The fishing method known as spinning shall be permitted only on or after the 1st August of the current season and must be with barbless or de-barbed hooks. The trout season is from 15th March to 30th September inclusive.
- Any angler wishing to fish during the trout close season must be a member of the association, and fish by fly or by trotting, using a barbless or de-barbed hook. The season ticket validates membership and is effective until the 14th March the following year. For non season ticket holders, grayling permits are available, running from the 1st October until the 14th March next.
- Members or visitors shall fish with only one rod at any one time and shall attend to it at all times when fishing.
- Junior members, under twelve years of age, should be accompanied by an adult who shall be responsible for their proper conduct and safety.
- Members are required to complete a return of catches made during the season and to forward a copy to the Secretary no later than the 31st day of October in each year.
- Exchange tickets are available to Full season members for Carlisle, Penrith, Kirkby Stephen, Keswick, Appleby and Spadeadam waters. Contact the treasurer David Farish on 016977 3411 for details. Any member not returning exchange permits within 24 hours of the date of issue shall forfeit the right to further exchange permits for the remainder of the season. One member only to fish with each exchgange ticket, no rod sharing is permitted.
- Please follow the country code. In the interests of agriculture and the environment it is important that the following rules are strictly observed
- Do not light fires on the banks or cause damage.
- Do not leave gates open or damage hedges and crops.
- Do not take dogs to the waterside or interfere with wildlife.
- Do not leave broken bottles or other litter in the vicinity - take it home for disposal.
- Do not leave nylon on riverbanks; it is harmful to both birds and animals.
- No lead weights or shot to be used on Brampton Angling Association waters.
- Any proposal, duly seconded, to change rules or constitution, shall be given to the Secretary by 30th November. Any amendments to such proposals, duly proposed and seconded must be delivered to the Secretary in writing by the Wednesday prior to the AGM.
The executive committee reserves the right to withdraw permission from members to fish association waters if the above rules are not rigidly observed.
Areas shaded in purple identify stretches controlled by the Association, red dots show parking locations and green lines show access routes to the water. When parking do not obstruct field or other entrances.
Maps are not definitive, check Association notice boards. If in doubt, Ask!
Access below Lanercost Bridge is allowed on both sides of the river for B.A.A. Members. Please keep as close to the river bank as possible.
The Environment Agency's Emergency Number is 0800 80 70 60. Please use it to report any pollution, poaching or any damage to the water environment. All incidents should also be reported to the Secretary.
Open meetings are occasionally held and the dates will be announced on this website. Meetings are held at The Shoulder of Mutton, Front Street Brampton. All members are welcome to make observations or comments to the committee.
The Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held on the last Friday in January commencing at 7:30pm at Conservative Club, Front Street, Brampton, Cumbria.